Armenian Phonetic Keyboard Layout which comes with Mac OSX is very hard to use, at least for me. I have created this layout for my personal use and I believe this is the most convenient layout, due to similarities with widely used Armenian Keyboard Layouts in operating systems and devices other than Mac OSX.
SHIFT or CAPS LOCK
OPTION + SHIFT or OPTION + CAPS LOCK
This software is released under MIT Licence.
Installation (method 1)
- Download Armenian Keyboard Layout bundle archive and put it on your Desktop
- Double click the ArmenianPhoneticKeyboard.zip to extract it
- Open Finder (Option + Command + Space) and do Go > Go To Folder… (Sift + Command + G), enter “~/Library/Keyboard Layouts/” and click “Go”
- Drag and drop ArmenianPhoneticKeyboard.bundle file from your “Desktop” to “Keyboard Layouts” folder
- Open System Preferences > Language & Region and click “+” to add Armenian in the “Preferred Languages” list.
- Select your primary language (click “Use English” or whatever language you currently have there if it is your primary language)
- Select “Armenian - Phonetic” source and click “Add Input Source”
- Congratulations! Now you can select the keyboard layout you want to use. You can also use “Control + Space” shortcut for switching the language on Mac.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer.
Installation (method 2)
- Open System Preferences > Language & Region and click the “Keyboard Preferences” button. Click “+” to add a new input source.
- Select “Armenian” > “Armenian - Phonetic” source and click “Add Input Source”
- Congratulations! You have finished the phonetic layout installation. Don’t forget to restart your computer.